International Blues Music Day!
Saturday 1st August
11am - 5pm
The Thirsty Dog
469 Karangahape Road
The Auckland Blues Club presents an impressive line-up of blues musicians to celebrate International Blues Day. Come on down to The Thirsty Dog to be at the first gig on International Blues Day. Featuring Darcy Perry & Nate Taiapa, Jason Herbert, Fatt Max & Dean 'Honey Boy' Morris, Dave Cheetham & Peter Archer, Luke Murray, Stingray and Doubleshot.
Friday, 3 July 2015
|Darren Watson on Tour.|
Download link: right click and 'save as'
An eclectic dozen this Hour Of Blues Power on the Blues Room, including a live performance by the hosts, Nate Taiapa and yours truly!
1. Eric Bibb - In My Father's House
2. BB King - Everyday I Have The Blues
3. The Eagles - Witchy Woman
4. Darren Watson - Love Ain't No Game
5. Michael Burks - Cross Eyed Woman
6. Bobby Blue Bland - Yield Not to Temptation
7. Jeff Healey - While My Guitar Gently Weeps
8. Bob Dylan - You Gotta Serve Somebody
9. Leon Bridges - Coming Home
10. Dizzy Gillespie - Mama's Blues (Mrs Dizzy's Blues)
11. Darcy Perry & Nate Taiapa - You Gotta Believe (Live)
12. Fleetwood Mac - Albatross
Paekakariki - St. Peter's Hall - Friday 26 June (with Bill Lake)
Palmerston North - Cafe Royale - Sunday 28 June
Hamilton - Nivara Lounge - Thursday 2 July
Mount Maunganui - Mauao Performing Arts - Friday 3 July
Gisborne - The Dome Room - Saturday 4 July
Hastings - Common Room - Sunday 5 July
Wellington - Rogue & Vagabond - Thursday 9 July
Nelson - Playhouse Cafe & Theatre - Friday 10 July
Christchurch - Wunderbar/Lyttelton - Saturday 11 July
Dunedin - Carey's Bay Hotel - Thursday 16 July
Dunedin - Taste Merchants - Friday 17 July
Invercargill - The Cheey Llama - Saturday 18 July
Wednesday, 1 July 2015
Late last night in The Blues Room. Once a month I am blessed to be a special guest on Nate Taiapa's community (Free FM89) radio show, spinning tracks from my eclectic collection of music. Occasionally we also have a jam together, live to air!